So there been some talk lately of applique lacing and luke got that name plate that had it so I thought I would post this belt I did recently to show what I do with this technique. it is 8 oz on the front side and 6 oz leather on the back both sides are finish grain or smooth out hand sewn finished with british tan using my air brush. the keeper is engraved with the name of owner.

any way thought you would like to see it

Josh

PS I should mention this was done for a good friend as a gift after surgery she is well now

Appiq_1.JPG

Appliq_2.JPG

Apliq_3.JPG

Apliq_5.JPG

post-6549-1239812389_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1239812404_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1239812428_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1239812510_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbird

That's a beautiful belt, Josh! She'll be thrilled with it!

Nice belt Josh............what width lacing did you use on it.

(ps if you want to do something different try this lacing on a HatBand )

Edited by Luke Hatley

Thanks Hilly

I thought this design up one day out of the blue and I kind of liked it

Josh

Very nicely done indeed :cowboy::banana:

Luke I used 1/4 lace great idea on the hat band

Josh

:red_bandana:

Nice belt Josh............what width lacing did you use on it.

(ps if you want to do something different try this lacing on a HatBand )

Thank you very much

Josh

Very nicely done indeed :cowboy::banana:

Josh, I have to say the quality of your work is really starting to get that professional touch. Clean, straight, well-slicked edges, even stitching, the braid is nice and even... your determination to pursue excellence is inspiring.

All you beginners out there who are looking for encouragement should follow the links below and take a look at the work Josh posted when he first joined us here on May 1st, 2008 as a beginner. Suffice it to say, he has come a long way in a year's time.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...ic=2874&hl=

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...ic=3272&hl=

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...ic=3359&hl=

Nice boot, by the way. :lol:

Kate

Kate

Thank you very much I am glad to be apart of this site and I am glad and thankfull to all of you.

Josh

Josh, I have to say the quality of your work is really starting to get that professional touch. Clean, straight, well-slicked edges, even stitching, the braid is nice and even... your determination to pursue excellence is inspiring.

All you beginners out there who are looking for encouragement should follow the links below and take a look at the work Josh posted when he first joined us here on May 1st, 2008 as a beginner. Suffice it to say, he has come a long way in a year's time.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...ic=2874&hl=

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...ic=3272&hl=

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...ic=3359&hl=

Nice boot, by the way. :lol:

Kate

Thanks for the comment Tony

Josh

Since everyone is saying nice things, I'll just say not bad....lol

Wouldn't want you to get a swelled head or anything....double lol

Josh...

That's a very sweet looking belt. Very nice work on the braiding, stitching, edging, finishing etc.

The only thing that I would do differently is to terminate the braiding guide channels at the braid start/stop points or do something with them... stitch down the channels or run some lace or whatever. I think that they detract from the belt as simply naked straight cuts.

The guide lines might have been part of the concept. I just felt that they were something waiting to be finished. But I like it a lot anyways.

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

Not Bad! Well coming from you I am humbled sir LoL

My Head feels much better thank you very much LOL.

Since everyone is saying nice things, I'll just say not bad....lol

Wouldn't want you to get a swelled head or anything....double lol

Thanks Bree

I see were your coming from the lines and in hind sight I would have stitched them, but they were done as part of the design after the lacing was done and they were not me just runing a line all the way down the belt, You

Know I had fought with the idea of stitching them but I didn't. Thanks for the input always glad to get it

Josh

Josh...

That's a very sweet looking belt. Very nice work on the braiding, stitching, edging, finishing etc.

The only thing that I would do differently is to terminate the braiding guide channels at the braid start/stop points or do something with them... stitch down the channels or run some lace or whatever. I think that they detract from the belt as simply naked straight cuts.

The guide lines might have been part of the concept. I just felt that they were something waiting to be finished. But I like it a lot anyways.

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

Thanks Bree

I see were your coming from the lines and in hind sight I would have stitched them, but they were done as part of the design after the lacing was done and they were not me just runing a line all the way down the belt, You

Know I had fought with the idea of stitching them but I didn't. Thanks for the input always glad to get it

Josh

YW Josh. It is beautifully stitched... very close to the edge but not too close. I guess I was eager to see more!! LOL!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thank you very much Bree.

That is a very nice looking belt for sure. Dont mind me asking but did you run both thickness leathers thru the belt end or did you end the lining somewhere, skiv them down or something.

Just wondering because I finished my first belt and did it with 8oz on the outside and about 3/4oz on the inside but ended the lining before the buckle setup. Not sure if I really like that too much.

That is a very nice looking belt for sure. Dont mind me asking but did you run both thickness leathers thru the belt end or did you end the lining somewhere, skiv them down or something.

Just wondering because I finished my first belt and did it with 8oz on the outside and about 3/4oz on the inside but ended the lining before the buckle setup. Not sure if I really like that too much.

Howdy MADMAX22

I used 5/6 oz on the outside and the same on the inside it goes all the way through but i skive it down to 7/8 oz combined thickness were the buckle goes hope this helps and good luck man.

Edited by jbird

now thats nice....great work

Thank you

Roo I think i am going too be adding some new design features to the next one

josh